First of all, I need to say sorry to everyone who waited for my regular posts – I had suffered from writer’s block and I needed time off to rethink what and when to write. Hopefully now I have enough ideas in my head for next few months.
In meantime, I got few more e-mails and PMs asking how Sing managed to get a foreign wife. So instead of responding to people one by one, I decided to write a post about ‘pick up artist Sing’. Of course, not too serious!
If you ask Momzilla, all you need to do is be Sing and tell yourself ‘I will marry a foreign girl’. Because who would resist this manly, handsome, smart and healthy boy. Just be Sing and all the girls will spread their legs like frogs. With me as the first one in line. But that’s according to Momzilla and Momzilla only. And maybe WahWah. That’s two people, three if you count Sing.
I think instead of me writing this post, it should be my husband himself. Only he knows the tricks he used on me. So check it out below!
- Don’t be afraid to say she is beautiful. The problem many guys have is being conservative. I think this is why many of them got friendzoned. Being nice to the girl is the right thing to do, but being too nice and expect the girl to realize that you like her in my opinion is not really practical. The worse outcome is she can take your kindness for granted.
- Have good knowledge of Asian pop culture, especially Japanese, Korean and Hong Kong/Chinese pop culture. It is undeniable that Japan and Korean pop cultures are dominating the Asian pop culture, many foreigners are dying to visit Japan and Korea. Paulina and I were very into J-pop and anime so we were able to share a lot of topics between each other. More you talk more you know each other. It is sad to see couples are only playing with their phones and not talking at all.
- You need to have the determination to beat the clock. Unless you two met in the same city, sadly we were not. Both of us end up talking to each other for hours at night. I think this is why most long distance relationships end bitterly as time moves on. Less willingness to talk leads to less willingness to be together. The worst part of the time difference is it completed destroyed our living habits. When I think about now, I was lucky to be in school instead of working. Modern working life really doesn’t give people a lot of time to enjoy private life. If I started this relationship now, I am very sure that I wouldn’t be physically handle it.
- Polish your English – most likely your crush won’t speak your native tongue so the easiest way to communicate is using English. We found it fun to add few foreign words into our conversation. After talking awhile, there are some words and expressions that only both of us will understand. When you get to that stage, it is a good sign because you are building a history with her. This also proves that she enjoys talking to you otherwise this “kyun” will not form. By the way, the word “kyun” is also one of our secret words.
- Don’t be cheap, but don’t show you have money. My advise is, spend the money at the time you should spend. A lot of people either overspend or being too cheap like pulling out your wallet at every places during a date or showing off your fancy watch. Maybe you can find a superficial person that appreciates your wealth but even you know it is hard to guarantee the loyalty of the relationship. At the end, money is spent, respect not received and you are not happy, for what?
- Do a squat, grab her confidently, do the process of picking up. Redo 10 times until she falls in love with you, just like in The Sims. Don’t forget to ware your safety belt. [Couldn’t resist the work joke, could you?]
I don’t know if you can call any information he passed to you ‘useful’, but I can tell you my side of the story. Just be the best version of yourself, be funny, be there when your crush needs you, try to make both of you happy. Show respect to her and her family. Sometimes you may need to stand up to people, especially since not everyone is so opened to interracial and international relationships. And don’t forget to take care of yourself! Nice perfumes or new haircut can make miracles to a man! Sing is one hair gel and lenses away from transforming from a potato to K-pop star. If he can make it so can you!
Once again: remember to be funny. If you can keep making a girl laugh, you will eventually make her fall in love.
People say you shouldn’t change for anyone, but I think that we all should try to make ourselves better and better. Not in order to seduce someone, but to feel better. That confidence you can gain, will definitely pay off in your life.
What are your dating advice to others? Anything better than Sing’s, haha? I would love to see your opinions!