Since this year’s Eurovision song contest (and the ‘Milk-cow-song‘ Sing likes to call it) there’s a boom in my mailbox with questions like ‘What kind of a guy Polish girl would like to marry?‘ or ‘How to meet and be the perfect guy for a Polish girl‘ etc. that it’s just much easier to write a blog entry about it, haha. Just like in the post about perfect Chinese and Polish wives (click here) I gathered opinions from forums, surveys and my friends and made a list of the most common things Polish women look for when it goes to finding a perfect husband. Of course every girl is different, those are just the most popular answers and life often verifies the ideal version of a man with reality (and of course the other way). Let’s see what makes a perfect husband for Polish girls!
- Wife and a child are most important, he has to be by her side and support her ideas.
- ‘New’ family they make together should be more important than the ‘old’ one, big ‘no’ to mommy-boys.
- Resourceful – he’s the man so he has the biggest responsibility for the family, he should know how to get out of any situation and make the girl feel she can depend on him anytime.
- Patient – with all the PMS, pregnancy hormones or just natural behavior a good husband should be patient, of course to some point.
- Has to have balls. Not literally – he just needs to know how to find a balance between spoiling us and completely losing their own opinion. Cannot agree for everything, all the time because sooner or later he will be boring.
- Preferably smarter than his woman – it doesn’t need to be a higher degree from a better Uni, but he should be smart enough to impress the girl and be seen as a ‘smart leader’ in the relationship.
- Age difference is not that important but most of the women said they would prefer a guy 1-8 years older than them. 8, what a weird number to choose.
- Has his own hobbies and friends – overly attached partners are just creepy and kinda… scary? It’s OK from time to time to spend time just with your own friend, but they never should come before the wife.
- Takes her of himself – many men complain their wives stop taking care of themselves but forget to look down on their beer-muscle or a stain on their T-shirt. If you want a good looking wife you should make sure you can do the same for her.
- This one is my favorite because it appeared in every single post or opinion from friends and I can relate to it myself: don’t be cheesy. Little bit of romance is quite and can charm your girl, but if you get to the point she pukes with a rainbow then I’m sorry, the best thing you can get now is friend-zone.
- Be similar and compatible – many girl wrote that even thought some people say couples should be like yin-yang to balance each other but if you don’t have similar interests, goals, view of life and future it will be impossible to make the relationship last long. Of course there surely are exceptions but I need to agree with this opinion.
- A gentleman – gentleman is a man that will make a girl feel special, especially after marriage when the first butterflies flew away.
- According to survey in of Polish magazines 3 most common things women were looking for are: sense of humor, intelligence and caring about others. The others things were honesty, creativity, need of adventure. So like they said – your private part’s size doesn’t matter as long as you know how to joke about it ;).
- Tidy – nothing gets more on the nerves than a pair of smelly socks on the ground or dirty dish ‘soaking’ for the past week in the sink. How he takes care of the environment he stays in shows how he might take care of his family. Plus the ‘disgust’ factor.
Even if you think you don’t match the ‘requirements’ don’t worry – neither my husband. He didn’t even match my ‘perfect future husband’ standards when we married: that socially awkward cheeseman was able to escape out of friend-zone, took a train to Boyfriendville, passed the Fiance-station and make it all the way to Hubbysisco. Believe me, if he could do it, you can do it! As I said at the beginning – life likes to confront you with your expectations, but most likely it’s on your side because love can win over it.
What is the image of a perfect husband in your country? Does it match your preferences? Could you call your partner/yourself ‘the perfect husband’? Cannot wait to read your stories! 🙂