In the world of AMWF couples there are probably the only two questions that people ask. If you’re a white girl dating an Asian guy I’m 100% sure there was at least 1 person asking you about size of his private parts.
I like to respond with good old:
You know… Sing doesn’t have a leg…
Really? He looks like having both!
Exactly., and wink.
Stupid question, stupid answer.
As for guys I think the most common is ‘Why you’re dating a white/foreign girl? You don’t like Chinese/Asian girls?’ – my husband had been asked almost every single time I was introduced to his friends. And till yesterday I thought there’s one and only simple reason why AMWF couple get together – LOVE.
You thought so too? Nope, that’s not the right answer. We Googled and Baidoed (is that even a verb?) reasons why Chinese guys dating white girls decided to get into that kind of relationship – some of them are really making me frustrated as a woman, some of them just made me have instant facepalm. And to make it funnier – NONE of them mentioned love.
Let’s see what they (and I) think:
- That is part of my Chinese dream, having a white wife to show off on the street.
If you want to show off get yourself a watch, don’t think about getting a girl.
- I just want to have fun in my life. White girls are more opened and easy going, it’s much easier to stay happy and enjoy living when you have someone like that by your side.
Ask my husband how fun is it once a month – just two days ago I made his life a living hell because of a fork and soup.
- I live in a foreign country for too long. I’m so used to the culture, environment etc. that I cannot imagine having any other wife than a white one.
- Too many Chinese girls want to eat white sausages. And with one child policy in China and preferring boys over girls we are already having problems with amount of our own sausages – there’s no other choice but look for white in a foreign country.
Well, I have to agree with those girls. Try Polish white sausage in sour rye soup and I guarantee you – you won’t want to eat any other sausage. 😉
- It’s much cheaper to be with a white girl – they don’t demand gifts for 1 month being together, 3 weeks from 1st kiss gift etc. There’s no problem of naked marriage, don’t need to start a new life with a mortgage and can avoid all the drama.
Have you ever hear about scams and gold diggers? Pretty much many of them are as white as I am.
- No hope for Chinese bitches, so greedy, cannot do anything at home and still demand princess treatment.
OK Mr. Brave – now go face your mother and every other woman you know and say what you think. Go ahead. Personally I think guys who don’t respect women, especially ‘their own’ women do not deserve to have ANY woman. It’s fine to think girls are more greedy, got more materialistic, that’s your opinion, but why call them bitches? And does that make you… son of a bitch? Argh.
- I just love Eastern European girls. Their look, their accent, personality. I love everything about them.
Well, I know few girl, including myself, who would ruin this for you. But let’s have at least one guy who loves white girls so much!
- I’m a businessman and I want to practice my language skills. There’s no better way than just live around someone you are forced to use foreign language.
Or maybe just go to language school/course? All I could see was a foreign student applying to American school and saying ‘You know, I don’t have a TOEFL exam passed but there’s a diploma my girlfriend made me – we practice English together’.
- If you don’t have your blue-eyed angel you will have regrets. The day you die you will think how much you want to reincarnate and in your future life you want to marry a white girl.
Weirdest. Answer. Ever. Is that guy smoking some kind of chinese herbs? To make it even more weird my husband popped out with ‘Aww, you have green eyes – now I have to regret’ and made a really sad face. Awkward.
And at this point I attacked my husband with the same question. You should see his scared face when he said ‘Me?’. And neither did he answer with ‘Love’ – according to him he never felt physical attraction to Asian girl. Before me he dated white girls as well.
As for me – why I date an Asian man: my dating history couldn’t be a script for ‘Sex and the City’, it’s rather boring. I had two serious relationships (or at least I was the one treating it seriously) – my white ex and my Hong Kong husband. Even thought I’ve always been attracted to Asians, even my ex had Asian features on his face, I never really considered I could be in a mix-culture relationship and make it work out leading us to marriage. I grew older, I met people from all over the world and got a closer look for men’s behaviors.
I noticed, at least for men I know, Asian guys are more like gentlemen, they treat their relationships more serious and are less likely to give up. Of course I don’t say every Asian guy is good and all white guys are bad boyfriend/husband – that’s a bullshit, my father is white and I can say I wish all of the girls had such a good husband as my father is to my mother. Every relationship can give you what’s good, what’s bad and what’s ugly and for me I just took a risk to give a chance to that little bit shy, tiny Asian man regardless of culture differences, distance between our homes and I let him charm me.
That’s my answer: I just let myself fall in love with him. No matter if he would be white, Asian, black, Latino or whoever – it’s his personality that made me stick with him and made me take a risk to change my whole life for him. OK, that was cheesy!
What do you think of their reasons? Do you think physical attraction is all what some of the guys (not all need)? How would your partner answer this question? Share your thoughts and opinions!